.SS is divided into various domain levels which serve different functions
- .co.ke - for Companies
- .or.ke - for Not-for-Profit-Making Organisations or NGO's
- .ne.ke - for Network Devices
- .go.ke - for Government Entities(Requires Supporting Documents)
- .ac.ke - for Institutions of Higher Educations.( Requires Supporting Documents)
- .sc.ke - for Lower and Middle Institutes of Learning. (Requires Supporting Documents)
- .me.ke - for Personal names
- .mobi.ke - for Mobile content
- .info.ke - for Information
Some of the Domain Name extensions require "Supporting Documents" in order for them to be registered. These are:
This domain requires supporting documents from the Department of Government IT Services (GITS) at the Ministry of Finance. GITS should give an Authority Letter to show that the Entity is a valid Government institution or Agency and authorized to register the domain name.
Government Information Technology Services
gits @ treasury.go.ke
phane.nyaanga @ ict.go.ke
Kenya Domain Registry will require either a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the relevant Ministry, a copy of the College Charter or a copy of the Act of Parliament that was passed to establish the Institute. The documents MUST bear the name of the Entity. The document should classify the Entity as a Tertiary Institution: Polytechnic, Technical Institute, College or University.
Kenya Domain Registry will require a copy of the Certificate of Registration from the Ministry of Education. The document MUST also bear the name of the Entity. The document should classify the Entity as a Kindergaten, Primary or Secondary School.
All domains that require supporting documents will generate a ticket that will only be closed by the Kenya Domain Registry Registry Services once the Supporting Documents have been received. Only when the Ticket is closed will the domain be published.